Sunday, July 29, 2007

Draw Some Scissors - My First EDM, #105


I have been looking at the many wonderful blogs, the fascinating art work, and the helpful comments on the EDM Super Blog for a few months now. One evening, when I was feeling "artistically confident," I sketched the scissors that I keep beside my chair. I thought that I might, someday, post it on EDM. So, here it is, the first one!

The scissors are laying on the arm of my recliner with the tile floor in the background. The color of the tile is accurate but the chair color needs more red and less purple. I think that the painting would have more depth if the values in the chair were stronger.

Overall, I am pleased that I actually sketched something, painted, and finished it. Your comments are welcome! (
Holbein watercolors on 300 lb. CP, Kilimanjaro Paintbook)

2 comments:

Kess said...

Frankye,

I absolutely LOVE the way your blog is shaping up. I am so impressed with your art, too. I'm really enjoying seeing it in the blogosphere.

Kess

Alison said...

I love the contrast between the straight scissor blades and the curved shadows - and the colour is so exciting.