Sunday, July 22, 2007

You Can't See Me - EDM #52, Draw a Dog

This is a drawing of Ben, my little red doxie. He is thinking that no one can see him under the flame grass plant. He thinks that the squirrels and butterflies can't see him if he stands very still. Ben thinks that I can't see him if he is on the other side of the tree when I want him to come inside. If he can't see me, then he thinks that I can't see him.

This is the first time I am letting "the world" see my art work! It is a frightening thought for me to "reveal" my attempts to make art a routine part of my days. I hope that you enjoy visiting my blog and I welcome your comments.

This sketch is done in a Strathmore Field Watercolor book, spiral bound, 10" by 7", on 140lb. cold press watercolor paper. Graphtint and Derwent watercolor pencils were used to add color to the graphite sketch.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Frankye,
These sketches are wonderful.
I remember when Todd and I went to the WWII Memorial, it meant a lot to him.
I love the sketch of Ben - it's so sweet.
Keep publishing your works, they are good!
Love,
Lynne

Rita said...

Great job! You really did capture the eyes even from such a different perspctive! I have been afriad to try people or animals because I am so bad at them. Memorial sketch was good too--keep up the good work! :)
Always, Rita

R K said...

I have been enjoying my 'look' around your pages: both drawings and writings.
It is amazing the power of this blogging thing. I, too, "took a chance" and went public in May. Hadn't really drawn much of anything...then read DG The Creative License.
So, from one 'new' person to another, encouragements------>your direction.